On-line shopping for provisions.
If you wish to arrange an online shopping order then the basic procedure is as follows: -
1. You place your order with your preferred store, Asda, Tesco, Waitrose etc. At the moment we can not accept fresh, chilled or frozen goods. It would also be preferred if you did not order aerosols, as these will have to be removed and shipped separately as they are classed as Hazardous cargo. There will be additional charges for this.
2. Pick your delivery slot so that it is between 8:30 and 4:30 Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Please note that we cannot accept shopping deliveries on Saturday mornings. The delivery should be with us at least a week before our published closing date so as to give us plenty of time to pack the goods for you. A copy of the order confirmation should e-mailed to us at email@example.com to assist in recognising the delivery.
4. Once the order is received it will be packed in boxes, the charges for this are £17.50 for the first 5 boxes and then £0.95 for each extra one, the freight is then charged based on the volume shipped. It should be stressed that the order is not checked other than for breakages, perishables or alcohol. Please be aware that we are obliged to inform the relevant Customs Department of any consignments that contain alcohol or tobacco products.
5. Your provisions delivered to us should be addressed as follows: -
Your Name and location (i.e. ASC, SH, TDC or FK)
Richard James International Ltd
Chittening Industrial Estate,
6. To determine which date your shopping should arrive with us please refer to the Shipping Dates page for the published closing date. It should be noted that whilst every effort is made to send the consignment on the next voyage after receipt this cannot be guaranteed.
7. Please also note that as with all freight forward items, unless you have made arrangements to do so, your on-line shopping is not insured. Please refer to our Insurance page for further details.